We take much time and care in making our products and we insist on them being of the very highest quality. This is why our products carry a one-year warranty on manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship.
If you think your Stonz product is defective, we will need a bit of information from you to get a better understanding of the issue you've encountered.
Please put together the following information for our Customer Service team:
- A photo(s) of your Stonz item showing the issue
- For Booties and Mitts, a photo of the white tag inside the left Bootie/Mitt detailing location of manufacture and serial number (ie. 00E1 or similar)
- For Rain Boots, please let us know the colour of the inside lining and please send a photo of the outer sole.
- A photo of the tag displaying the size
- Proof of purchase (ie. receipt, confirmation email, or similar)
- Your full mailing address
- Phone number
Please send this info to us at email@example.com along with a brief note detailing any information that will help us solve your warranty request.
Please note that our warranty does not cover wear and tear, products damaged by misuse, accident, modification or unauthorized alterations, or products purchased from an unauthorized third-party Stonz dealer.
What is 'Wear and Tear'? Wear and Tear is damage that naturally and inevitably occurs as a result of normal use. Common examples of wear and tear that would not be covered under the one-year warranty include colours fading, fabric wearing thin, stains, rips or tears, abrasions on bottom of soles from walking and general breakdown of the materials over the years.
Stonz' one-year warranty only applies to the original purchaser and is not valid for items that were re-sold, given away, or in any other case where you are not the original owner. If your Stonz product was given to you as a gift, a proof of purchase will need to be obtained from the original purchaser of the product.
Thank you - we look forward to hearing from you!